Tuesday, March 13, 2012

A {Gift} For Me! DIY Typography Canvas

The last few weeks I've been focused on creating my inventory for Etsy, but today I decided to take a break from all that and just make a gift for me!   I wanted to try my hand at painting even though I am absolutely NOT an artist with a paintbrush...however, I can draw stick figures with the best of 'em, so I figured drawing a tree was right up my alley!  I also wanted to include one of my favorite Bible verses in my project, and this is what I came up with:

I started with a blank canvas and literally just dropped blobs of various shades of blue for the sky, green for the grass and then blue and gray for the water.  I simply wiped it all around with a dry cloth until the canvas was covered.
Here are the paint colors I used:
And the paintbrushes...just some from a starter kit at Hobby Lobby. 
After I had my background I drew my tree...my sticks!...with 3 different sized brushes.  I mixed together a mixture of black and gray paint for sort of a charcoal colored hue. 
Then I added some leaves by mixing together some green and gray paints and just used the dry end of a brush to tap them on the branches. 
Close up of the leaves...they sort of blend in to the background. 
Then, I grabbed my set of vintage Anagrams letter tiles that I purchased on Etsy and went to work with my verse.  I simply hot-glued them to my (drying!) painting...yes, I was impatient!
And there we have it!  A beautiful gift for ME!!!  ;)
My abbreviated version of Psalm 1:1-3

Blessings, Grace


Home Stories A2Z 

Fox Hollow Cottage


shabby creek cottage 




Our Delightful Home
Pin It!

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful. YOu deserve a little something for yourself -- just think of all the enjoyment you'll get out of this. Kudos!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is wonderful. So artistic, far more then me ;) I have a few fb friends to hook you up with! I'll post on your wall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Art! I'm a new follower and Facebook Fan!

    ReplyDelete
  4. over from @fox hollow cottage!! Beautiful tree!!!
    Great job!!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  5. http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/2012/03/tutes-tips-not-miss-51.html

    Wanted to make sure you knew you were featured on the link above =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a creative idea. I would love for you to link up at my linky party via: http://ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com/2012/03/show-me-what-you-got-linky-party-6.html


    Mrs. Delightful
    www.ourdelightfulhome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Each Note is a Little Bit of Sunshine! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Few of My Favorite Things!