Friday, April 13, 2012

Photos on Canvas: The Cheaper Alternative to Frames {Tutorial}

There is no doubt that I love a good picture frame...having just the right frame for a photo can really make or break the look of the snapshot.  That being said, there is just something simple and clean about the look of a photo on canvas.  When all you really want to see is the picture, with no frame to take away from it, canvas is the way to go.

Yesterday I was at Hobby Lobby buying frames for our recent family photo shoot pics...thankfully Hobby Lobby usually has almost all their frames 50% off...but when you have a dozen or so pictures to frame that can still be expensive!  So, I walked over to the painting section and found some canvas (8x10 and 10x14) that were in packs of 2 for $3.99.

I simply used Mod Podge and painted the whole front of the canvas, then immediately after, while it was still wet, I centered and pressed down my printed photos onto the canvas.  I've done this in the past and the pictures have stuck on beautifully without any bubbling or breaking away from the canvas.

I am really loving my new family photos, courtesy of Goode Photography.  I can always frame them later if I want, but for now I am loving the clean, simple lines.

What do you think?






Blessings, Grace

Linking up to:


shabby creek cottage
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Each Note is a Little Bit of Sunshine! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Few of My Favorite Things!