Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Freedom! {4th of July Decor}

It was for freedom that Christ set us free; 
therefore keep standing firm and do not be subject again to a yoke of slavery.  
Galatians 5:1


Since the 4th of July is just around the corner I took some time yesterday to update our front door to honor the upcoming birthday celebration of our country.  Lucky for me I usually have lots of leftover crafting items, so the cost breakdown of this little project was only $5!...$2 for the wreath, $2 for the wreath hanger and $1 for the little flags.  I had the rest of the items already!




The FREEDOM banner was made using some cut up pieces of an old pair of blue jeans, some white cotton fabric I had on hand, painted with some leftover red craft paint.  I hot glued my bunting to some jute upholstery webbing.  

For the wreath I just wrapped some American flag ribbon I've had for just ages around the wreath and hot glued it to secure it to the wreath.  A simple bow made from upholstery webbing and two small American flags complete this simple wreath.  

Not bad for 5 bucks, huh?!

{{{{{{{{{Happy 4th of July!}}}}}}}}}

Blessings, Grace

Linking up to:

Tip Junkie handmade projects
Home Stories A2Z

Pin It!

1 comment:

  1. Cute patriotic decor! Your front door looks so pretty decked up in red, white and blue:)Love the jute webbing used as a bow and that's very clever using blue jeans for the banner, very creatively done. Happy 4th! Thanks for sharing and for your sweet comment on my garden party. Happily following you back!~Poppy

    ReplyDelete

Each Note is a Little Bit of Sunshine! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Few of My Favorite Things!