Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Summer {2012} Mantel...Finally! ;-)



Well I know it's about time I started posting some photos about what I've been up to around here...stuff aside from candles and such!  A few weeks ago I finally came up with a mantel vignette that I'm happy with.  I've played around with several over the last few months, but they all sort of bothered me by looking not quite right.  This one though suits me quite well, and I'm pretty happy about it!  I love the neutrals with the aqua...such a calm and fresh look don'tcha think?!  

I popped bits of moss and other green into some of my vintage blue Ball mason jars, painted some formerly black candlesticks various shades of blue and pale green, added some antique and newer books that fit my color scheme.  I kept a few key elements on my mantel that pretty much are standard fixtures by now...a favorite photo of my precious boys, my vintage window and the anagram painted canvas I made a few months ago.  All together I am super duper pleased with how everything came together to make this a happy place to look at in our home.  










What do you think?!!  I'm off to make a snack for my little monkey, but I'll be back soon with some more of my creative projects!

Blessings, Grace


Linking up to: 






shabby creek cottage

Somewhat Simple

Pin It!

3 comments:

  1. Your mantel looks lovely. Wanted to say thank you for visiting my blog. Was unable to respond through email though because you've got it set to "no-reply" I can tell you how to fix it if you want :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is such a pretty mantel! Love the soft colors and the window is a nice focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your mantel is gorgeous. I really love the painted candlesticks. Great job.

    ReplyDelete

Each Note is a Little Bit of Sunshine! Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

A Few of My Favorite Things!